Sunday, August 21, 2011


Here is a clip of me recording Chinese.  While my blog is currently under supervision of my Chinese program; I'm required to provide this clip.  I apologize for the closeness of the camera to my face (slightly embarrassing) - picks up on every little movement I make and makes me seem twitchy, but there was simply no other way to pick up on the sound!  Also a little hyped out on coffee at the moment, but for what it's worth:  an explanation of my role at Kosmos!




Good Morning! My name is Caitlin – Because my name is similar to that of the spelling of the Brand Calvin Klein, my coworkers like to call me “CK” – the Kosmos intern! – Or, as my so-called title says “Overseas Commercial Sales Manager”
早上好!我叫蓝凯琳 – 因为我的名字与流行品牌Calvin Klein的拼写很相似,我的同事喜欢叫我“CK”我是Kosmos公司的实习生!我所谓的地位:海外的营业经理”
I am honored!  Only after a month, and I’m already a manager! Really amazingActually I'm just kidding.  I suppose that makes sense… I mean, it is only because I the only one in the office who speaks english as a mother language.
我感到非常荣幸!仅一个月后,我已经是经理!十分神奇了!其实我只是在开玩笑。我想这是有道理的... ...我的意思是,这只是因为在办公室里我是唯一讲母语英语的。对我来说,任务的难度不上一般经理者之程度。
By the way – my office, the Shenzhen office is the headquarters of Kosmos Logistics International.
不管怎么说 - 我的办公室在深圳,是公司的总部。
So what do I do as an Overseas Commercial Manager?  Honestly I don’t really feel deserving of this title. I have had many jobs before – but this is the first one of managerial status.
所以,我该怎么办作为一个海外商务经理?说实话,我真的不觉得我无愧于公司经理的称号。我已经有过大量的工作,但是这是我管理状况​​的第一次。
Although my role within the company is to help increase the U.S. customer basis the only method the provided is by phone.
虽然我在公司内部的作用是帮助Kosmos增加美国客户的基础, 公司所给我提供的方法只是通过电话。
At first, I was instructed to do this on my own.  During the day I would study these U.S. companies, look at their income levels and whether they need U.S. import / export freight forwarding services) – but this was a stab in the dark, not to mention my sales’ pitches were rarely ever successful
起初进步很小,公司让我做自己的研来一找潜在客户。通常而言,这是个困难的任务。 白天的时候我会研究这些美国公司,看看他们的收入阶层以及他们是否需要中美的进口/出口货运代理服务。更不用说我开始做研究的时候,没有效果了,就是因为我原来对货运行业的理解并没有那么深,所以我当时盲目地研究这些公司没有成功的。
Later my boss gave me a database of business cards he had received at business symposiums – and this has helped tremendously.  Within my first two days of using the contacts he provided, my I had already found 6 potential clients to give shipment quotations to.
后来我的老板给了我他从业务研讨会收到的业务名片- 这有极大帮助。在我的第2天使用他提供的明辨以后,我就突然地获得了6个潜在客户而且给他们发了货报价。
How to say?  The Kosmos intern training method is very independent.
怎么说呢? Kosmos实习训练方式就是很独立的。
Although I don’t have any desire to work in this industry after graduation – the internship is helpful with my ability to communicate effectively in sales, and it will be useful if I become a private wealth advisor.
虽然我毕业后对于种行业下,没有任何愿望工作, 但这 Kosmos的实习经验现在是让我练习我销售的沟通能力。我认为如果我依照计划成为私人财富顾问,这将是有用的。
Oh it’s almost nine o’clock! Better get to work!
快九点钟了, 应该去上班!


No comments:

Post a Comment