Sunday, March 27, 2011

3.27 - Mr. Li - 李先生

Top ‘o the morn’n to ya~  Today is a pretty swell day… the sun is shining…l the birds are chirp’n… nice.  Just made some coffee.  I was going to make some friend’s (friend from Ghana, tutor, 方银) and a few other’s some breakfast… French toast, but Mr. Z (Ghana) lives really far away… and one of the other’s has homework, and the other one didn’t want to trouble me to make French toast just for him!  Humph ! Fine!  I didn’t want to make you all French toast EITHER lol… just kidding =) 

So I had my 煎饼 alongside a nice cup of French pressed coffee! So good, and some toast… can’t waste!  I haven’t had bread or butter in a long time, so when I tasted it this morning, I was like Madonna… “ oooooh….for the very first time!” lol it was great… haha I forgot the simple heavenly taste.. bread and butter… what a concept.  See people, we learn to appreciate things!

Anways!  You will be so proud of me~ I had a job interview yesterday.  Well, kind of an interview.  It was more like an informal meeting in a very informal place. It is in the largest building in Nanjing… and happens to be the 7th largest building in the world: the Zifeng 紫峰 tower .  An investment banking firm ( I won’t post on the internet, but trust me when I say it is legitimate… I am somewhat acquainted investment banking) I met this person through an acquaintance who has known Mr. , Managing Director of this firm, for over 60 years. 

So my overall impression of this person upon meeting was that he was well-acquainted with foreigners, and quite respectable.  Although mainland Chinese, his behaviors and mannerisms did not differ much from that of any other investment banker I have ever met before.   Although guarded ( I always am when meeting new people in foreign countries), my intuition tells me by the height of his office in the building, and security clearance it takes to get to his office, and his mannerisms -that he is a respectable person.

I thought what luck!  He wants me to help him translate certain documents (prospectus) and join in on business meetings with Russians and Americans two help translate.  Wonderful opportunity for me to make some 关系connections, and learn about mainland China investment banking… However, dear viewers, please understand, I am always guarded, and I know -first impressions are simply first impressions… no matter what umpteenth story on which your business resides, or whatever beautiful building you may work in, 人就是人 people are people.  My feeling is that business women, even in the U.S., should always keep this stored in the back of their mind somewhere.

May I highlight this part of our conversation?

“I am not the traditional Chinese business man who likes to drink at business meetings, it is bad for the health; I respect you, and would not ask you to do such a thing would you care for a cigarette?”  

HAHAHA!  No Mr. Li I do not smoke… It’s also bad for the health.  But that’s okay… you were saying?

So that went well yesterday, the pay is also good for my standards, even if I were to work in the U.S.!  it is also a  I will, however continue to look for some work in field of Journalism… wish me luck in that department!  Other than that.. just trying to get some homework done…  Adios amigos!

Aloha again… lol Same day, just really super early in the morning… yes, sigh I was a little lazy this weekend.  I was working really hard these last four weeks, so not much homework getting done this weekend between guzheng practice, exercise, and job-related stuff.. But don’t worry I obviously have something to mention if I didn’t wait another 3-4 days to write. .. So I went to dinner with the Ghanian tonight (peanut butter soup man). And I tell you what people, some people just don’t get a hint, -can I vent a little bit?  I mean God forbid that he ever sees this blog, but over my Japanese curried beef noodles tonight, he is sipping on a chocolate shake while eating spicy beef fried rice, unveiling me his feelings for me. “You don’t have to answer right now, but I know that I would make you very happy…don’t answer”  I stare blankly, “don’t answer,” he continues, “ I know I will change your mind in the future you should give me a chance.”  Uhmmmm, alright buddy, I told you point blank in message form on the internet ,“I can only view you as a friend.”  Is what I type hot air over the World Wide Web?    How does that translate to, “yes, I’m definitely interested in you Mr. Zirunsuru?” -Okay, I won’t “answer,” but sir, I am quite decided in my opinion.  Let’s just say I will probably not be eating peanut butter soup for some time again or ever… some will hear what they will.  Okay, so as we are leaving we run into some of his friends on the street.  - And this girl (Chinese) looks at me, and turns to him and says, “oh!  This is the new girlfriend you were talking about?!”  oh – my – goodness.  Help.  “Oh geez, it’s getting late, I must be going...”  escape!

I got home, and since there was no French toast being made today, I devoured the last bit of the French bread… (which was going to be made into French toast), I normally don’t eat bread so ravenously, or in large quantities with butter, if you saw me, you would have thought it was pitiful…  it just seemed horrible to waste sigh (since I’ve missed it so much), won’t be eating that for a while again… my fitness plan starts tomorrow, gotta get slim and trim and burn away my 屁股 pigu… butt! -before Nanjing turns into one of the four furnaces of China’s summer heat.  Wish me luck! lol  Also... after waking from a short catnap 20 mintues ago, I had a dream that i was speaking in Cantonese.. didn't understand a single thing I said during that dream! LOL but it sounded so native lol~  X_X  I am silly... night!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment